I’ve decided this year to have a project that last the year. Rather than commit to a photo a day or something similar I’m hoping to do something a little more achievable.
After doing a little illustration over Christmas of Rey from The Force Awakens I’ve decided that I will do an illustration for every film I see in 2016. I’ve signed up to a Cineworld Unilimited card again recently after a couple of years of not having one so as I aim to get my monies worth from that I’ll also be trying to improve my illustration skills.
Here are my slightly arbitrary and subject to change rules:
- One piece of illustration must be produced for every new film seen in 2016. This is must be done for every film seen at a cinema, any film seen outside a cinema is optional.
- Only one illustration needs to be done per film, multiple viewings don’t need multiple illustrations but they can of course be produced if wanted.
- Illustrations can take any form, digital, pencil, watercolour etc
- Illustrations must be revised and finished to a decent standard. No sketches as finished pieces.
- Illustrations do not have to be completed before the next film is seen but must be completed by the end of the year.
If anyone wants to join me in this quest feel free (adapt the rules if you like).
If I make work that is good enough I will hopefully make a zine or postcard book of the illustrations at the end of the year.